Monday, October 3, 2016

hoosier stadium yo!

Yo hello... This week has been incredible!

Us... being us!

Tuesday I was on exchanges with Sister Dustup, and we went and checked out this town called Daleville and it is the cutest little place... We had a lot of fun!

Me, Janie & Sister Dastup!

And then Wednesday was SISTER'S CONFERENCE! It was so good! Fort Wayne and Dayton Stake Sister Missionaries came to Muncie and we did yoga together and then had a conference. President and Sister Welch spoke, and my goodness they are so inspiring!!

Me.... and some of my favs at Sister's Conference!
Sister Slavens... It was SO GOOD to see her! This pretty sister was in my MTC group (:

A women's role is the most wonderful thing ever. We talked a lot about becoming masters of righteous thoughts in our own lives so that we can be happy and grow in our love towards others, therefore being able to love and help and influence others along their journey back to Christ. Ah! It's so fantastic.

Sister's Conference... yes.

I realized that I have truly seen Christ's Atonement working in my life as a missionary, and know it will continue to change me as time goes on! We must first learn to apply the Atonement ourselves before we can have any hope to help someone else learn to apply it to their lives. We need to live the doctrine that we believe, and that we teach!! It has to be a part of our everyday lives! And then we can truly be happy, and truly have JOY (one of the main subjects of this weekend's General Conference)!

Sister Hansen and I with the Welch's (our mission President & his cute wife)!

Anyways, I truly believe and know that we can only have joy through applying the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I would encourage you all to continually learn more about your next step in applying it! I can promise you it will bring you the sweetest JOY you could ever imagine!!!

Me and Maddi (a good friend from Muncie!)

Friday night we had a ward activity where we got to act out the Young Women's favorite Book of Mormon stories. That was super fun! And 'T' came with his little boy, 'B!' They loved it. We have been meeting with 'T' frequently this week because he is preparing to be baptized soon! Working with him has been so wonderful!!! I am so happy to watch as he makes changes in his life and sees the blessings that come from it. He has truly been prepared to accept the gospel at this time... and it has made him so happy! Gosh - I love it!

T & B
Isn't he just totally A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E?

And then Saturday and Sunday were General conference... Which were amazing! One talk that stood out to me was Elder Ballard's talk, when he asked the same question Christ asked His disciples, "Will ye also go away?" And Peter responded, "Lord, to whom shall we go? Thou has the words of eternal life and we believe and are sure that thou art christ, the Son of the living God!"

I hope and pray that I will always remember the goodness of Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father. When the Savior said He was going to leave, some left Him. But many faithful disciples stayed. They knew that the truth was within Christ and they were never going to leave Him. They would stick with Him till the end. I love that so much. I am thankful for this wonderful Gospel and the blessings it has brought into my life. I am forever changed because of it, and all for the better!

I love you all and hope y'all have a fantastic week!

WHY....???

Love, Sister Feil

PS. I have never seen the movie "Hoosiers" but we went to the stadium that part of that movie was filmed in... HECK YA!

Hoosier Stadium
Putting the Hoosier BB court to good use.... lol


No comments :

Post a Comment