Monday, January 30, 2017

Miracle Munsee!

This week has been so incredible!!!

Tuesday, we had Zone Conference in Fort Wayne, which is like a two hour drive from Muncie. The AP's called us the night before needing a projector (I guess their's got stolen?) and so Tuesday at like five in the morning, we stopped by the church to pick up a projector (therefore saving the day) and then picked up cinnamon rolls at Colcannon's and headed to Fort Wayne!!

It was crazy because we drove through Markle, which is a town in my very first area, and we passed right by the super cute antique mall where Sister Nicol and I used to occasionally shop on p-days!!! Of course I just HAD to stop and take a few pictures... And I literally cried  —  haha.

Zone Conference was amazing!! Remember how I hit a deer a couple of weeks ago? Well, President Welch made a few references to that experience during the conference, and then after lunch, when the office elders were handing out awards for the cleanest cars, President called me up and awarded me with a Deer Permit that "certified the harvest of one deer."

So... I have gotten a lot of 'deer' jokes since I hit the deer...
President Welch and the AP's called me up in front of everyone at Zone Conference...
And presented me with a "Deer Permit"...
The AP's made the certificate for me and President signed it! It was HILARIOUS. I was straight up dying. Now I never talk to President without making some sort of deer reference! It's great:).

IT WAS HILARIOUS!!!

Wednesday blew my mind!! We drove to Marion to meet up with our district and watch the General Missionary Broadcast about schedule changes... And the changes are totally AWESOME! They basically allow us to get more sleep and work more effectively throughout the day. They are truly amazing, and I am super pumped!!

That same day, we met one of our former investigator's 'L' from Vietnam. And the cool thing is we found a Vietnamese Book of Mormon in our apartment... MIRACLES!!!

Friday we went to meet 'B,' a member referral, and she invited us right in! We spent a little time getting to know her, and then shared a quick message. Afterwards, she told us that for two weeks she had just been miserable, and that that very morning she had prayed and asked God for help. She felt stuck and didn't know how to move forward... And then we showed up. She pointed out to us that it was a sign from God that we were sent to her door. She is so cool and we are very excited to go back!!

We contacted another member referral named 'B,' and he is also really cool. He is very open and willing to learn! He is currently going through a divorce and is seeking for peace in his life... He has committed to read 'The Restoration' pamphlet and we are going back in a week to have a formal lesson.

Saturday, 'C' from Dunkirk got baptized! That was super neat. She is such a special lady.

We also went to MADDI OWEN'S birthday dinner at Olive Garden!!! Shout out to Maddi! Woot Woot!! 20 years old and perfect, too ;).


Yesterday was AWESOME... and full of lots of meetings. But 'N' came to church and is so EXCITED for her baptism this Saturday... As am I!!!

Something Elder Bednar said during the Missionary Broadcast was that "[Missionaries] hallow the home of every door [we] knock on." That has really stuck with me all week! Every time I knock on a door, I think of how God truly has a plan for EVERYONE. Whoever we meet, they all have a story, and God knows them and loves them and is guiding them to truth. Perhaps now is not their time, but their time will come and they will have little spiritual experiences to guide them to listening to us one day ).

I love God's plan for all of His children!! He loves you and don't you forget it!!

Love, Sister Feil

No comments :

Post a Comment