Monday, February 6, 2017

This is The Place!!!

My Bishop here is always saying that Muncie 2nd ward is Zion... and I TOTALLY agree! This place is just AHMAZING and I am so happy to be here.


This week has been INCREDIBLE! Last Monday, I got to go to Jamba Juice For. The. First. Time. In. FOREVER (it's actually only been 17 months  lol)! OH BOY... All I can say is that it was SOOOOO DELICIOUS!

Us at Jamba Juice!!!!
Me and Maddi

Tuesday I got to be in Marion with Sister Nickel!!!! It was a blast. She led her area for the first time and totally rocked it. I almost cleared them out of taquitos, PLUS we learned to rap together and practiced a missionary rap! Yeah, cool stuff. We talked to so many people that day... it was a ton of fun:).

Wednesday, we had a fantastic district meeting!

The District

The elders brought all of the sisters chocolate roses, so that was cool! And, one of the elders gave me a raccoon tail because he is obsessed with taxidermy... so I now have a raccoon tail on my bag! Dogs love it... and I... well... I personally think it's kind of gross... so not sure why it's still on my bag haha.

The roses... Elder Robertson was also supposed to be in this picture - but he got cut off :(.

We also got to help our sweet friend, 'A', clean her walls, which ended up turning into a de-cluttering activity as well... and it was fun! And! We are now teaching 'B' again!! She has been super busy lately, and we FINALLY managed to get back in contact and she is excited to learn more about the gospel!

Friday, we had Mission Leadership Conference, so we drove to Centerville and had a CrAZy awesome meeting! So full of the Spirit! The Church has so many cool initiatives going on to help the work progress!

Thai food with Sister Carlile, Sister Slavens, and Sister Breeze!
Mother/daughter photo :).

And then Saturday was N's BAPTISM.... It was such a wonderful experience!!!

'N's' baptism :)

She got out of the water and said, "That felt really good!" And then when she was confirmed, it was during testimony meeting, so several people congratulated her over the pulpit... And one sister even went so far as to say how wonderful the sister missionaries are (SO VERY SWEET! What can I say? lol). But afterward 'N' came up to us, and she said, "Yeah, you guys are pretty amazing!" And gave us big hugs!

The ward has welcomed her so warmly! They have just taken her in, and it has been wonderful to see her grow and be nourished in the gospel. I LOVE IT!!!!

After the baptism Saturday, I went on exchanges with Sister Meacham, and we had so much fun.

On exchanges with Sister Meecham enjoying a delicious lunch with an AMAZING member!!!

We met a lady who lived in a convent for like 6 years before they kicked her out. She said she didn't feel loved or welcomed there and that she is currently experimenting with different churches! She is one of the coolest ladies I have ever met. We talked with her for quite a long time and she has the neatest story!

Well... Another very good week. Very Spirit filled. I am so thankful for the opportunity to serve God in this way!

Missionary experiences are out there... go find yours!!

Love ya!

Sister Feil, the deerslayer

No comments :

Post a Comment