Monday, February 1, 2016

Change.

Well, my time in the Decatur Branch is up for now. After serving in this area for 4 1/2 months, the Lord needs me somewhere else! So yes, I will be getting transferred tomorrow and I'm not sure (as of yet!) where I will be serving next as we are still waiting for that phone call...

Me & Sister Creager and our silly faces and selfies :)

Tuesday we went to Fort Wayne for an awesome training on how to have more effective studies and lesson plans. It was really cool! Afterwards, the sisters in my zone met up at the one and only CHIPOTLE for lunch and I was so happy because it had literally been so long since I have eaten there and it's like my favorite place.

The crew at Chipotle!

Wednesday we had an awesome chapel tour with one of our investigators, and I honestly think chapel tours are the greatest. I want to have chapel tours like all the time now! Friday I went on an exchange with the lovely Sister Hamblin and so I was in Huntington for the day. We volunteered at the YMCA and cleaned workout equipment in the morning, and then I got to meet some of their investigators, including one who was getting ready to be baptized THE VERY NEXT DAY... Which was so exciting! I would love to serve in Huntington someday:).

Me & Sister Hamblin

Pretty much, this week was full of a lot of contacting, and not too many people were interested, but we still received God's grace because we found three new investigators! Seriously, even when we have long weeks where it's hard to find people who are willing to talk with us, there are still miracles happening. Every. Single. Day.

I would like to leave you with this thought: In my studies this morning, I was directed towards the subject of having a repentant heart. I was reading about Alma the younger in Alma 36, where he is telling his son all about his experience with being visited by an angel, and how he desired to have others "taste as he had tasted." As Ezra taft benson explained, "it was the 'born of God' Alma who, as a missionary, was so able to impart the word that many others were also born of God." If we want to help others come unto Christ and thus improve their lives, then we need to be doing that ourselves! We need to live in a way that allows us to change our natures, not simply our behavior. It is so essential that we try to escape the 'natural man' inside of us and focus on what God wants for us rather than what we want, and when our desires line up with His, THAT is when our natures change and we are allowing the Atonement to work in our lives. Therefore, the Atonement allows us to have a change of heart, and when that happens we can bless the lives of those around us.

I am grateful for my Savior's sacrifice for me, for you, and for everyone, for it is Because of Him that I can change my heart and be happy as I learn to do the will of my Father in Heaven.

*Funny story: Sister Creager and I were working in Fort Wayne on Saturday, and towards the end of the day we decided to go contact a potential. So... We get there and ring the doorbell of this family, and a guy comes to answer and pretty soonlike six other guys come and crowd around him, all trying to see who was there! Sister Creager and I were just surrounded by all of these teenaged boys and luckily, we were able to quickly learn their names and so pretty much they became our new friends! It was so fun talking with them. I mean... can you just picture 7 brothersall being silly with each other, crowding around two sister missionaries? It was the best!

Have a blessed week!

Love, Sister Feil

I don't know why... but kids just LOVE us!

No comments :

Post a Comment