Monday, June 27, 2016

The BEST week...

Hey all! First of all, I want to give a shout out to my brother NATE and his new wife LYNDSAY who got married on Saturday in the Payson, Utah Temple!

Nate & Lyndsay

Congrats to you both... the pictures were beautiful and I just love you so much. 

Sister Evensen's and I celebrating my bro's wedding with Graeter's ice cream!

This week was fabulous and full of so much grace! Tuesday the missionaries of the Cincinnati East zone went to the Columbus Temple for a session! 

Cincinnati East Zone @ The Columbus Temple with President & Sister Porter!

And the best part was, President and Sister Porter joined us. They are actually going home today, which means that President and Sister Welch now preside over the mission!! I will miss the Porter's so so much... but I just know the Welch's are going to be fantastic and I am so excited to meet them this Friday! 

But anyways, back to the temple. It felt so good and familiar to go through an endowment session. It was the perfect pick-me-up for all of us, to give us the spiritual strength we need to go back into the world and teach and baptize nations!

After we got home from Columbus, a member came with us to visit a family that we met the week before. We had a lesson about God's love and families with 'A' (18), 'J' (17), and 'C'  (11) and it was so powerful. They all seem super solid! We went back two days later to meet with them again, and this time 'C' was gone, but we had an incredible lesson and 'A' and 'J' agreed to baptism on July 23rd. And then Saturday (right at the moment my brother was getting sealed in the Payson Temple) we met with 'J' outside (in the blazing hot sun.... I was dripping sweat and got totally sunburned) and we taught him about the power of the Book of Mormon, and he committed to read it. He also committed to come to church! And he came yesterday, and he LOVED it! He is so solid, and we are very excited to continue working with him! He has felt the Spirit multiple times while meeting with us and he said it's a feeling he wants to share with his family!

Some more of the weeks highlights were finding out that the member we have been working with to stop smoking is now worthy to go to the temple... she will be doing baptism for the first time ever in the temple on July 16th and we are so STOKED!

This was a great week, and we have another great week ahead. The weeks are just speedily flying by... it's kind of ridiculous - and P-days seem to come way too fast! There are only four more weeks left this transfer and they will be gone in the blink of an eye, which is why it is so important to make the most of every minute as a missionary!!! This time is precious and wonderful and a time I will never get back.

Tomorrow is my hump day (like whaaaaa..?) and then I will officially be on the downhill slope! Weird.

Us and Sister Reedy!!!

I love being a missionary. Seeing others as they feel and recognize the Spirit brings me so much joy. The gospel is real and for everyone and it changes people. For the better. I am so thankful for it, and for my Savior Jesus Christ, and for His guiding hand in my life. I also love my family and am so thankful for the opportunity to be with them forever! (:

Love, Sister Feil

No comments :

Post a Comment