Monday, April 25, 2016

Dunkin' Donuts, waffles, and BACON!!!

This truly has been an incredible week and I have loved it oh so much! Sister Conrad and I saw a lot of miracles... God really has our backs ALWAYS.

Monday we went bowling with our district and had a blast — seriously I love all of these missionaries so much!

Love P-day's...
District bowling!!!

 Tuesday I served with Sister Baker, my STL in Cherry Grove, and we had a crazy busy day!!

Sister Baker and I on exchanges in Cherry Grove

We had appointments scheduled for every hour of the day, and we had a weeding service project in the middle of the day, and basically it was just SO. MUCH. FUN :).

Wednesday we drove up to the Montgomery building for.... INTERVIEWS with President and Sister Porter! And pretty much they are COMPLETELY amazing. I love getting to have interviews with them... they are some of the MOST INCREDIBLE people I know, and we had some great conversations!!! They just genuinely love all of the missionaries that they serve with and that love is apparent every time you talk to them. Sadly, they are leaving us in June... but President Porter told me that he might possibly be able to have interviews one last time next transfer - So YAY!!!

Computer time...

Anyways, that night we went to our Bishop's home for dinner, and pretty much Sister Nolan made this homemade pizza on this homemade dough and it was SO DELICIOUS. Seriously, some of the best pizza I've ever had.... and afterwards we went to the church to help our friend, "R", prepare some names to take to the temple for baptisms. Our mission has a monthly temple trip where missionaries can bring returning members and recent converts to the temple to do baptisms, and "R" was so excited to go!!

In fact, that is how we spent our Saturday... driving to the COLUMBUS OHIO TEMPLE and watching as "R" was baptized for her mom and her grandma!! It truly was the most incredible experience. The Spirit was so strong, and "R" couldn't stop smiling, and I couldn't stop smiling either! And then, to add to the experience, the temple was expecting more women than actually came, so they had some extra names for girls, and Sister Conrad and I were the only other sisters there... and unfortunately Sister Conrad had a headache, so I had the privilege and wonderful opportunity to do some baptisms!!!! It was such a great experience!! It made "R" really happy, too, because she had originally thought that we would be doing them along with her in the first place — haha.

My hair is wet from baptisms... it really did look good beforehand - LOL!
What an AWESOME day with AMAZING friends!
Models!

Thursday we drove to Georgetown for zone weekly planning, and then I had a headache the rest of the day, yet we still saw some great success!

On Friday Sister Conrad had a really bad migraine, so we had to go in for a few hours so she could get feeling better — and then Saturday was the temple day!! And even though we spent most of the day at the temple, when we got back to Eastgate we ended up finding four new investigators in less than an hour!! It was SO COOL!

And I forgot to mention that on Thursday, we went to an appointment that we had scheduled with one of our investigators, who ended up not being home. So we did what missionaries do and knocked on her neighbor's door, and this older guy answered and invited us right in (we had a member with us so it was okay)!! We talked to him for a bit, and he said that it probably was time for him to come back to church, and he showed up an HOUR early to church on Sunday!!! And he enjoyed it so much, that he said he would probably come next week. Haha he is the elect!!! He is so ready to hear the gospel, it's not even funny. We are going to visit him on Wednesday to teach him The Restoration, and I am so PUMPED for it!!!

Church was great, as always, and was even more special than usual because Sister Conrad and I got to teach the Gospel Principles class!! That was pretty fun. And then our Relief Society president invited us over and made breakfast for dinner and it had really been WAY TOO long since I last had waffles and bacon.... :).

Sister Conrad and I have been blessed to meet some amazing people and we have quite the teaching pool and so things are going well here in lovely Eastgate!!!!! And HOLY COW this is the last week of the transfer and I don't quite know how I feel about that — ahhhhh! But I am excited for everything that this next week will hold.

Me in a donut costume!

I love this Gospel, and I love that I get to serve the God I love as a missionary in His service. This Gospel truly teaches us how we can have everlasting happiness!! Any joy I have ever felt in my life has been a result of this Gospel. Because of it, I can be a better person every day of my life. I am grateful to know that Heavenly Father is right by my side, helping me change, helping shape me into who He needs me to be. I love Him, and I love all of you, and I hope you all have a blessed week!

Love, Sister Feil

No comments :

Post a Comment