Monday, April 4, 2016

Slayin'

Hello!

So — we had a really amazing week this week! We had the incredible experience of... Dahhh-da-da-dahhhhhh... FINDING A FAMILY to teach! 

It happened when Sister Conrad and I were trying to contact a less active and he wasn't home, so we decided to try and talk with some of his neighbors. In the process, we met a 15 year-old girl and talked to her for a bit, and she said we could stop back by again. However, on our return appointment her father said, "NO WAY!!!" Before we left her home, though, we asked if there was anyone she loved who could use a message of Christ in their life or some service. She referred us to one of her neighbors who lived down the street and told us that she was currently going through a custody battle. We immediately went to contact this new referral, and "M" and her kids were totally interested in having us come back! They also wanted to watch General Conference... so we ended up watching the last session with them in their home. We eventually met her husband, and they have asked us to keep coming back! We are SO EXCITED to continue to work with this sweet family :). God has been preparing them and we are here to deliver His message of truth to them!

Also... this week was awesome because of GENERAL CONFERENCE! Elder Holland, as always, shared an incredible message! Something he said that I LOVED (and I am paraphrasing here) was that God will always be there to help us ESPECIALLY through the hard times! This is SO TRUE!! If I have learned nothing else on my mission... I have learned that I can always rely on my Heavenly Father to strengthen me in times of need. ALWAYS. And those blessings are available to all who follow Him and His Son.

I love you all and hope you have a blessed week!

Love, Sister Feil

The Zone....

No comments :

Post a Comment