Monday, April 18, 2016

Seven months already? Time Flies!!

This has been yet another incredible week :). Sister Conrad and I have been ridiculously busy and have experienced lots of excitement and adventure along the way!!

Monday night, we had an incredible experience. Our bishop had asked us to contact a new record that had come into the ward and when we went to contact him, we found out that it was actually his son that lived at the address. We started talking to him and told him about what we do and shared a short message and he started talking about the trinity. He was like, "How could you miss it? It's spelled right out in the book of John!" And it was cool because a few weeks ago, we had had a zone conference that focused on the Godhead and Joseph Smith and the Restoration, and so we were able to teach and testify boldly about the Godhead being three separate beings that are one in purpose. He didn't want to listen to our message, but that doesn't change the fact that it was a powerful lesson and Sister Conrad and my testimony of the Restoration grew and expanded. I just know with my whole heart that this church is true... and I can NEVER ever deny that.

Me and my cute companion!

It was also super EXCITING that we finally came into contact again with a former investigator named "N"! He was so close to coming to church last week, and so we decided to visit him on Tuesday with a member (who is a convert) and this member started to tell "N" that he had a 'special gift' and could see spirits. Sister Conrad and I just looked at each other and were like WHAT!? We didn't know what to do.... so after the lesson, we went back to visit with "N" to talk to him about it, and we ended up handing him off to the Elders because he got just a little too flirtatious with us. That was definitely one of the most interesting days over-all of my mission thus far  HaHa!

Wednesday, Sister Conrad and I had a water drinking competition with our ZL's, and WE TOTALLY WON! So they owe us brownies  YUMMY! We then thought it would be a good idea to have another water drinking challenge on Saturday (we literally drank ourselves almost to death.... talk about a million restroom breaks!!) and they ended up beating us by 15 ounces (BOO! Now we owe them a Chick-fil-A sandwich)!!

Thursday we volunteered at Inter-Parish Ministry again! It was the busiest of all the times I have volunteered there... Which made it extra fun and rewarding!

Friday, one of our members invited us over to work in her yard, so we weeded (Mom, you know I am pretty well experienced with that!! haha). The weather is beautiful here now and everything is turning green!! I love it so much.... who knew that Ohio was actually a beautiful place (in spite of it being the home of the Buckeyes!)?

I LOVE YOU FAMILY!!!

Sunday was an incredible day (I mean, pretty much every Sunday is BOUND to be incredible as a missionary...right?)! We had some awesome visits before church and then after church we had an incredible 'Chapel Tour' with one of our investigators!! And then President and Sister Porter were in town for a Cherry Grove Fireside and so we got to see and talk to them for a bit!

And today we are going to go BOWLING as a District!!! Woo Hoo! I am pretty excited  I love pdays so much:). This Gospel is fantastic. Joseph Smith truly was a prophet of God and acted as God's tool to restore the true church to the earth, and because of that we have so many blessings available to us! I love my Savior, and my Heavenly Father, and all of you.

Have a blessed week!

Love, Sister Feil

No comments :

Post a Comment