Monday, September 19, 2016

Fun with Frogs!

Hellooooo friends!

This past week has been crazy busy and just went by WAY. TOO. FAST.

Look what we found!

Tuesday we had a Zone Meeting for the Muncie North Zone, which was awesome! Sister Hansen and I did a training on finding new investigators, and that was pretty fun. We also happened to be on exchanges that day with two sisters from the South Zone, Sister Conrad and Sister Creager... Both of whom were former companions of mine! I was with Sister Conrad and it was kind of like déjà vu because it felt just like old times!! That was an awesome day.

Zone Meeting!

Wednesday we had a Zone Meeting in Anderson with the Muncie South Zone, and Sister Hansen and I did a training on teaching powerfully using scriptures. That also went well! In both Zone Meetings I was sitting there thinking to myself, "WOW... We are SO BLESSED because we have the BEST missionaries!!" I truly love all the missionaries in the stake — that's for sure.

Took pics by the moon because why not???
Elder Howland, Elder Swinton, and I all hit our year mark this week... This is our celebration picture!

After that meeting, Sister Hansen and I had a cool lesson with one of our new friends 'R,' and then we headed off to Stake reports. When the reports were over, Sister Hansen and I got to talk with President and Sister Welch for a bit and that was way cool! 

We met an awesome family this week — 'M' and 'J,' and they have four kids and are all so cute!!!! They wanted to come to church this Sunday but couldn't because of a lack of transportation... So they are planning on coming next week for sure. (:

Friday was... wait for it... MY YEAR MARK (holy cow I am so old!) and I got to spend it with Sister Compton in the Muncie 1 area! We had some awesome lessons that day with their investigators on date, and then we had a super fun dinner appointment with this cute couple in their ward who are Marvel and Doctor Who fans and such so we had a lot to talk about — haha!

One year mark... Already??? 
Ready or not...

Saturday was AWESOME! We taught 'R' the Restoration and it was probably the most powerful Restoration lesson I have ever been a part of. Like seriously. She is a woman who wants to feel the Spirit more in her life and wants to be close to Christ and to God. She wasn't able to come to church because of some back pain she was experiencing but she will come next week! After we taught her that lesson we served her by cleaning up her house.

That afternoon we were able to meet with some of our favorites, including 'J' and 'D.'

I left my toothbrush at the sisters apartment on exchanges and so came home to find this :).

Oh boy... later that night, we brought our Catholic-turned-Mormon friend, 'T,' with us to a lesson appointment we had set up with this cute Catholic couple who wanted to learn more about the LDS church! However, on this particular night, the wife's SUPER-Catholic parents happened to join us, and let me tell ya, that lesson could have SO EASILY turned into a bash!!!! But it didn't... It actually went pretty well all things considering :). It was definitely very scary, though, and my legs didn't stop shaking the whole time!!! All I can say is THANK GOODNESS for our friend who joined us. I am happy to report that it turned out to be a very interesting lesson overall, although it was unlike any I have ever had before....

Sunday was great! We had dinner with our ward mission leader and he and his wife made us breakfast for dinner! BTW if you ever get the chance, try putting bacon bits in your waffle batter. AH-MAZ-ING. Changed my life almost as much as the gospel! (:

Sister Hansen drew a picture of us and our WML's family. We are that close.

Well — we are looking forward to another awesome week... So many great things are happening in Muncie!

Just getting paper work done...

I feel extremely humbled and blessed by this experience of serving a mission. I love my God and I know He loves me and all of you. He has helped me with every aspect of this work and I know I couldn't do it without Him. I am thankful for my Savior and friend, Jesus Christ, and all that His sacrifice has enabled me to do. I am thankful for the Redeeming power of the Atonement. My life is changed forever because I know that I can change and become more like my Savior.

Have a great week all!

Love, Sister Feil

No comments :

Post a Comment